BIAN Service Landscape Roadmap
The following timeline shows what the completion of the BIAN Service Landscape (SL) v3.0 – v5.0 contains and in what year the assets will be published.
The “How To Guide” has turned the 3.0 release into a comprehensive set of documents for different targeted groups:
- BIAN “How-to Guide I” – Introduction to BIAN – this is intended to provide an overview of the BIAN approach for all audiences and for general reference purposes.
- BIAN “How-to Guide II” – Design Principles & Techniques – this is intended for business and technical architects. It explains the theory and design practices for those wishing to understand and review the BIAN approach
- BIAN “How-to Guide III” – Developing Content – this is intended for BIAN working group members. It explains the working approach and the various tools and templates used to capture BIAN standard content
- BIAN “How-to Guide IV” – Applying the BIAN standard – this is intended for members and other financial institutions wishing to apply the BIAN design content in various technical deployment situations
- 7 Business Areas
- 36 Business Domains
- 280 Service Domains
- 1960 candidate Service Operation
- 178 Business Scenarios
The BIAN How-To Guides have been aligned:
- BIAN „How-to Guide I“ – Introduction to BIAN
- BIAN “How-to Guide II” – Design Principles & Techniques
- BIAN “How-to Guide III” – Developing Content
- BIAN “How-to Guide IV” – Applying the BIAN Standard
The “How-to Guide” gives organisations a toolset for using and implementing the BIAN model in their own organisations.
- Approx. 20 new candidate service domains defined
- 600+ new candidate Business Scenarios focus on Payments/Retail/Lending/Channels/Wealth
- Vocabulary established and populated with initial information
- Updated UML model and metamodel
- New How-To Guide
All content in Release 4.5 is considered to be ‘candidate’ status. Candidate status materials have not undergone a formal review and approval cycle. Content and tooling is liable to change prior to formal release in release 5.0.
- Additional Business Scenarios with a combination of candidate and reviewed for Corporate, CRM, Product & Price, Investment & Trading and possibly other areas.
- All the deliverables included in the SL 4.5 release with a further refinement of business scenarios, the productivity tool, the vocabulary and business information.
- Enhanced functionality in the productivity tool enabling it to be used for navigation in the BIAN Service Landscape.
- Easier mapping to Archimate, St Gallen/CC Sourcing models and TOGAF